Bricklayers & Allied Craftsworkers
What we do
* Bricklayers, also called Brick masons, lay building
material such as brick, cinder block, glass block and terra cotta
to construct or repair wall, partitions, arches and other structures.
* Tile setters apply tile to walls, floors, ceilings
following design specification. They also install brick pavers.
* Pointer-Cleaners-Caulkers caulk and waterproof
new buildings and restore existing buildings with weather proofing
methods such as tuck pointing, washing and re-sealing and replacing
* Marble Masons attach marble, granite and limestone
to buildings with mechanical strut systems. They also lay marble
and other stone flooring and walks.
* Stone Masons build stone structures, such as
piers, walls and abutments. They also lay walks, curbstone and stone
* Terrazzo Workers level and grind a mixture of
cement and marble chips to make beautiful, long lasting floors,
walks and steps.
Tile, Marble, Terrazzo and Brick finishers supply the support
for Tile setters, Marble Setters, Terrazzo Workers and Bricklayers.
For Bricklayers, Tile setters, Pointers-Cleaner-Caulkers,
Marble Masons, Stone Masons and Terrazzo Workers. Each apprentice
is required to complete 6,000 hours of on-the-job training. In addition,
144 hours per year of related training classes. This includes safety,
First-aid, CPR and Blue print reading.
(view) pdf version
click here for more forms